AMY CERVINI, JAZZ COUNTRY

-->
Updated February 21, 2014

I feel fortunate to have made the acquaintance of Amy Cervini. She’s a whirlwind of positivity no matter what hat she wears - -singer, songwriter, producer, manager and mom. Who knew she had it in her to make one of the freshest vocal records I’ve heard in a while? And if I didn’t know better, a recording called Jazz Country might not be one I’d reach for in my stack of CDs for review consideration, but Amy Cervini is not boxed in by labels or genres and that's what makes the music on Jazz Country so rewarding. You can frequently catch her in performance at NYC’s 55 Bar, where I took these quick snaps of her performing earlier this month with tenor saxophonist Joel Frahm, bassist Linda Oh and keyboardist Michael Cabe.


WRTI, Philadelphia’s Classical and Jazz Source, has posted my review of Jazz Country – read it here.

 www.anzicrecords.com

Labels: , , , , ,

JAZZ IN SPACE: AMY CERVINI, JAZZ COUNTRY

Saturday, February 1, 2014

AMY CERVINI, JAZZ COUNTRY

-->
Updated February 21, 2014

I feel fortunate to have made the acquaintance of Amy Cervini. She’s a whirlwind of positivity no matter what hat she wears - -singer, songwriter, producer, manager and mom. Who knew she had it in her to make one of the freshest vocal records I’ve heard in a while? And if I didn’t know better, a recording called Jazz Country might not be one I’d reach for in my stack of CDs for review consideration, but Amy Cervini is not boxed in by labels or genres and that's what makes the music on Jazz Country so rewarding. You can frequently catch her in performance at NYC’s 55 Bar, where I took these quick snaps of her performing earlier this month with tenor saxophonist Joel Frahm, bassist Linda Oh and keyboardist Michael Cabe.


WRTI, Philadelphia’s Classical and Jazz Source, has posted my review of Jazz Country – read it here.

 www.anzicrecords.com

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home